Calcium hypochlorite is a chemical compound with formula Ca(ClO)2. It is widely used for water treatment and as a bleaching agent (bleaching powder). This chemical is considered to be relatively stable and has greater available chlorine than sodium hypochlorite(liquid bleach).
CALCIUM HYPOCHLORITE IS USED FOR :
- Disinfection of drinking water or swimming pool water
- as a sanitizer in outdoor swimming pools in combination with a cyanuric acid stabilizer
- To reduces the loss of chlorine due to ultraviolet radiation
- Calcium content hardens the water and tends to clog up some filters
- bathroom cleaners, household disinfectant sprays, moss and algae removers, and weedkillers